I keep telling myself I’ll try a different event next year. Then the Good Food & Wine Show comes around, and somehow I’m back again.
The Good Food & Wine Show Brisbane 2026 has a way of making a simple day out feel like a small adventure. You arrive thinking you’ll have a quick look around, grab something to eat and head home. Then you discover a tasting you didn’t expect, a cooking demonstration you didn’t plan to watch or a producer with a story you want to hear.
First, there’s the tasting experience. I made the mistake of skipping the tasting glass during my first visit. I definitely didn’t make that mistake again.
Second, there’s the food. Good Eat Street is dangerous if you’re trying to stick to a schedule. I went in planning to choose lunch quickly and somehow ended up walking around several times because every stall seemed to have something worth trying.
Third, and probably my favourite, are the people. The smaller producers can be just as interesting as the big-name demonstrations. One conversation with a local producer turned into an unexpected story about their family and regional produce.
I also discovered that masterclasses can be surprisingly useful. A tea session changed the way I think about brewing, while a wine glass experience showed me how much the glass itself can influence what you taste.
That’s what keeps bringing me back. It isn’t just about eating and drinking. It’s about discovering something new while enjoying the atmosphere.
If you enjoy food, local producers and discovering memorable events in Australia, Brisbane’s food calendar has plenty to offer.
Read more: Twenty-Five Years of the Good Food & Wine Show, and I’m Still Not Sick of It
Comments
Post a Comment